Autostrip Powder is a white crystaline powder comprising Sodium Metaperiodate.
Autostrip Powder is sold strictly for use in the screen printing industry for removal of PVA/PVOH based stencils e. G. Emulsions, Capillex, Autostrip Powder offers easy storage and handling but must be mixed with the prescribed amount of water before use.
Mixing of Autostrip Powder
For general use dissolve contents in 10 litres (18 pints) of cold water to make 1% strength solution. When stencils are difficult to remove use 5 litres of cold water to make a 2% strength solution. If an Automatic Stripping machine is used a 2% solution strength is preferred for a longer solution life.
Use of Autostrip Solution
1. Remove all ink residues by applying Autosolve Graphics, Industrial or Textile to both sides of the mesh and work in with a brush.
2. Wash both sides of mesh with water to remove all solvent traces.
3. With a brush, apply Autostrip liberally to both sides of the mesh.
4. Leave to stand for 3-5 minutes while the emulsion coating dissolves. Do not allow Autostrip to dry onto the screen as this will make the stencil difficult to remove.
5. Wash off the stencil with a strong spray or high pressure gun.
SHELF LIFE & STORAGE
It must be stored in sealed containers in a cool dry place out of children's reach. Shelf life is two years.